"Self-care to self-love; the true essence of fashion"
Would it be wrong if we say that in today’s time we all want to be fashionable? In order to become fashionable, we tend to follow the latest trends, surf over social media and soon after we do that, we tend to feel low about ourselves and start comparing ourselves with others and the cycle begins again.
So, today, let's bid farewell to all of these bad emotions and their corrosive influence.
Your mental health has an impact on whether or not you are physically fit. Fitness is thought to have been conflated with having a perfect body. In its ultimate sense, having a fit physique is having a healthy body but not necessarily a healthy mind. An unhealthy body can look fit and a fit body can also be unhealthy. The key is to live a healthy lifestyle!
In order to have a healthy & also a happy life, both the body and the mind must work together. As the expression goes, a healthy mind lives in a healthy body!
Here are 10 practices you can incorporate into your everyday routine to maintain a healthier lifestyle.
1. Compliment yourself- It may seem awkward or amusing at first, but it is the first step towards learning to love yourself. Appreciate your qualities to be reminded how awesomely incredible you are!
2. Practice mirror exercise- Stand in front of a mirror and place your hand on the areas of your body that you detest occasionally or always, then on the portions that you enjoy. This activity can greatly increase your self-confidence.
3. Change your vocabulary- Science has demonstrated that the words we say to our minds on a regular basis have the power to manifest subconsciously. So, while you're talking to yourself, choose your words carefully and constructively.
4. Buy yourself a treat – Treat yourself to your favourite chocolate, ice cream, clothes or anything else that makes you feel good about yourself! Let us know what kind of treat would make your day in the comments section below!
5. Dress up for yourself- Even if there isn't a special event, you can and should dress up for yourself. Spend some alone time with yourself; we guarantee you'll feel better.
6. Gather items- We all had a propensity of collecting something or other as children. It doesn't matter if it's coins or stamps. Return to your childhood state by purchasing or beginning to gather items that you enjoy.
7. Pursue a hobby—Whether it's singing, dancing, reading, playing, or painting—you can always pursue them. Regardless of your age, gender or other orthodox jazz or even the pressures of society, do what you love to boost your self-esteem.
8. Spend time with nature—Nature has the ability to soothe our nerves and provide us with inner serenity. You can take a walk or sit in solitude in the garden with yourself to bring more clarity and positivity into your life!
9. Listen to music - Listening to music provides a total brain workout. Research has shown that listening to music can reduce anxiety, blood pressure and pain as well as improve sleep quality, mood, mental alertness, and memory. You can listen to whatever music you like that makes you feel happy.
10. Practice meditation- Meditation can help you achieve a sense of calm, peace, and balance, which can improve your emotional well-being as well as your overall health. Concentrate on your breathing patterns while chanting OM or offering prayers in what you believe in.
Contribute- Make a personal gesture for someone you care about, or for someone you don't know! Help someone in need or just be a kind person in general (as we bet you already are). It will make you feel fantastic about yourself to know that you were able to make someone else smile.
Self-love is defined as the acceptance of the idea that we are all humans with distinct characteristics. As Buddhism teaches, peach, plum, damson and cherry blossom are all fruits, but they have their own unique characteristics; so, please continue to believe in yourself and let your light shine in your own special way. Studies have shown, a person who loves oneself has better mental health and lives a happier life. Stop worrying about what other people think of you and start loving and respecting the person you are; you are naturally beautiful and lovely.
Don’t you believe that nature has a huge heart when it comes to natural beauty? So why do we compare ourselves to others? Nature welcomes all of us equally that too without prejudice. I hope that as time goes on, you will be proud of who you are and will experiment with fashion with greater self-confidence and self-esteem. Nature is always there for you and loves you unconditionally, even if you don't like yourself! You are as lovely as the natural world.
Kamakhyaa is on a mission to inspire people to care about eco & ethical fashion to make a positive impact on the environment and society. Wearing Kamakhyaa's merchandise will make you feel good and connect with others ;) What are you waiting for? Start your retail therapy now!